Friday, May 16, 2008

Dia de las Madres

So, I mentioned in my first post that I flew down to So. Cal. to surprise my mom for Mother's Day... and boy was she surprised. It was so cute. The plan was that I would fly into Cali before her so that I could pick her up at the airport...

To make a long and confusing story short... I told her to call me when she landed in Cali so that I would know that she made it there safe. Little did she know that I was going to be in the back seat of my uncles car when she got in. She of course hadn't called me yet soooo when she went to get in the car I said "Mom, you haven't called me yet!!" she looked at and screamed out "LILIANA!!!" Then she started crying (of course) and we hugged. It was like out of a movie... or so she says. It was definitely nice to be able to do that for her... however on the way to my grandma's she lectured me on why I shouldn't scare or startle people like that because they could have a heart attack. Hahahaha... oh well, atleast I got to do it once.


Here are some pictures from our picnic to celebrate Mother's day.

This is me and my mom

Ha ha ha, this is my aunt Cristina... she is hilarious.


These are my uncles Ruben, Justo, and Ramon.
It's a tradition for them to get up and sing together.


These are most of my cousins with my Grandma


This is all of the cousins that made it to the picnic.
Love them!!!!!!!



I really was blessed to be able to go down and see some of my favorite people. I am so blessed to have such a big and loving family... I already miss them and I can't wait to be able to go down again.

No comments: