Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Maggie's Room

A while back I was browsing online for crib bedding and nursery decor and couldn't find anything. I was overwhelmed by how expensive it all is and how much I didn't really like any of it. So, I decided to try my hand at sewing! I like to call it a poor mom's desperation... =]


As you can see above, I made the window valance. I am pretty proud of myself considering that I had never used a sewing machine!


These are the crib bumpers that I made, these were sewn by hand (only because I didn't yet have a sewing machine). Luckily my wonderful mother in-law let me use hers just in time to sew the valance! I also made the crib skirt out of pink tulle, I don't have any good pictures of it yet... but maybe soon.

I hope you like it, I do but I may be biased!

1 comment:

mkoleary said...

lovely!! she is going to be very pretty in pink.

i see that you got your "boobie" box in your shelf. i'm glad it arrived.