Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Dear Sarah

I guess you can say I have been avoiding this post. It's a hard one to write, but no matter how hard I tried... I can't blog without writing about Sarah.

Sarah went home to "dance in the fields of heaven" with Jesus on March 6th after complications with Lymphangiomatosis. She lived with this disease for a long time. She never let her discomfort stop her from living a full life. She worked, she played, she loved. She was a wonderful wife, daughter, sister, auntie and friend. I miss her dearly.

Sarah kept a "thought book" in which she wrote funny thoughts about sharing a root beer float with Jesus to some pretty awesome ideas on how to make life easier with a pooper scooper where you would never have to touch dog poop again (even through A bag).

She also wrote some serious posts about her walk with Jesus.
The day Sarah found out she had this disease, she wrote in her thought book:

6/15/2009

"I have just found out I have Lymphangiomatosis disease.
So far there is no cure, but God willing I will keep pressing on as normal as I can.
I need to stop trying to figure out how my dreams will come true.
I need to just love God and let Him love me.
Those dreams I have may still come true if it's God's will, but I need to be open to new dreams.
Dreams that will ultimately make me happier than the ones I have chosen myself."

"Beware of your dreams, for dreams make dangerous friends.
We all have them - longing for a better life, a healthy child, a happy marriage, rewarding work.
But some dreams are misplaced longings, false lovers.
Why?
Because God is enough."

"Trust God... You need to let them go... fall into God's arms and rely solely on His power and will for your life."

~Sarah A. Partlow

I have never known anyone to embrace suffering as she did. All in the name of Jesus. I am in awe. I hope to live my life so that I can join her on those fields in Heaven.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sarah was an amazing person, I feel so blessed to have known her.