Thursday, August 14, 2008

18 weeks!

pregnant


This week Baby has grown about 2 more inches which puts them at about 6 inches crown to rump. Also this week baby has been busy developing two different layers of skin, the epidermis (outer layer) and the dermis and the baby's external genitals are formed enough to be seen!! Baby is also becoming more moblie and since he/she is growing bigger and bigger I am starting to feel those wiggles! Here is a visual for baby's size... (it's a sweet potato not a chicken breast)
I am doing pretty good... it seems that my energy is returning which is great! For a while there I couldn't get out of bed in the morning! Now I have the energy for my walks and yoga which I love! I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I got to take Jo with me so that we could listen to the heartbeat. I also got the bright idea to take in David's digital voice recorder so that I could record it and share it with David and the rest of the family. It is at 150 beats per minute... baby is movin'! he he he.

David is also doing good! He loved listening to the baby's heartbeat... and can't wait to see baby next friday! Dave is so flexible when it comes to dinner and what I feel like eating (or cooking). He doesn't mind the occasional sandwich dinner and when I don't have the energy to cook he does it! He is quite the cook! I am blessed... and so is baby.

Next Friday we have our ultrasound that checks to make sure baby and I are doing good. This ultrasound also will tell us (if baby cooperates) whether baby is a he or a she! Yeah! We can't wait. Even David is excited to go and register for more gender appropriate baby stuff!

We love you all!!!

2 comments:

Sarah n' Reid Partlow said...

I love your little updates. I can't wait until Friday for you and Saturday for me!

You should post the pictures of Russel if you have them. I bet he's cute.

mkoleary said...

if that was a chicken breast, it would be a very hairy one. :)

i am very excited too. can't wait to see you