Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Picture of Baby Marshall (10 weeks!)


We got to see our little baby for the first time this morning! It was amazing to see baby Marshall waving it's arms and legs and it's little heart was beating so fast! We were left speechless at the sight!!

This week Baby Marshall is forming bones and cartilage and small indentations on the legs that will soon be knees and ankles. Baby Marshall also has elbows now and can wave and flex it's arms (I got to see this!!!) Other systems are forming too, baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing urine, and if it's a boy he is producing testosterone!!! All this and Baby is only the size of a PRUNE!!! How amazing!

I had my first Doctor's appointment today at 10 weeks. I think that I spent the last week nervous that I was going to be carrying sextuplets or that maybe all of my tests were fluke accidents and that I wasn't really pregnant... ha ha ha. But really once I saw the baby waving at me I felt relaxed and excited!!! I am also so excited to be almost done with my first trimester!!

David got to go with me this morning and he was just as amazed at the sight of our little one!! We are so blessed and already can't wait to see baby again!!!

P.S. There's only ONE baby in there!!! So sorry Reid!!

1 comment:

Sarah n' Reid Partlow said...

I don't know.. there could be one still hiding behind there... shy.. that's my guess. Who likes to get their picture taken anyways? I'm sure he (or she) is like.. I'm not fully formed, I don't want people seeing me like this.. how embarrassing. ;)

Reid